After a long summer indoors, many of us are eager to get outside and stretch our legs with some fall travel. While international travel is still limited, there are so many adventures within the USA that are perfect to embark on. From relaxation to outdoor activities, here are some fall travel ideas to find something perfect for everyone to do this fall.
- Fall Foliage Tour – Fall foliage tours are a fall travel classic for good reason. Watching the leaves change color is the most beautiful part of the season. While New England may be the most popular destination, there are tons of gorgeous options no matter where you live. TripAdvisor lists locations from New Hampshire to New Mexico that promise amazing views. These trips are perfect for a day or week long adventure. See them by car or try out a fall foliage tour via train.
- Road Trip – Speaking of cars, fall is the perfect time to set out on a road trip! Watch the changing leaves pass by while you explore new destinations. COVID-19 has made road tripping more and more popular, meaning there are tons of resources to plan your trip! Take a look at Roadtrippers to plan your perfect trip for any destination. Or check out Culture Trip’s Near Me feature to find some road trips closer to home.
- Ghost Tour – Who doesn’t love spooky season? Get in the Halloween spirit by seeking out a paranormal experience. Get the scare of your life touring haunted mansions, asylums or a cemetery with Ghost Hunt USA . Take the haunting outside near you with a walking ghost tour.
- Glamping – While you can certainly go camping all year round, you might want a little more comfort when the weather starts to cool down. Glamping is perfect for families, girls weekend, or anyone who enjoys the outdoors as long as they aren’t sleeping on the ground. Glamping.com can match you with the perfect glamping location for your fall travels. Looking for a cabin in the mountains? Or a yurt in the desert? They have great luxury or glamorous camping options to explore.
- Winery or Brewery Tour – What says fall travel more than mulled wine or a pumpkin-spiced brew? Perfect for a day or long weekend of relaxation, take a trip to your local vineyard or wine bar and start sipping! The harvest season brings so many new fall flavors to try. Find the perfect vineyard, wine bar, or brewery for your fall weekend adventure.
- Hiking – Take a look at the Fall foliage up close and get out into nature! One of the best parts of fall is the crisp air and falling leaves, and hiking is the perfect way to get outside and experience it. Find the best hiking trails for your location and experience. Here you’ll find the best campsites if you want to extend your stay.
Fall is fleeting, so get out there while you still can! While COVID-19 has put a halt to most of our traveling plans, there are so many options that are safe and responsible this Fall. Please remember to check your state’s, and any state you are traveling to’s, social distancing and quarantining rules before you travel!
And don’t forget, we’ve got you covered on the road! Choose your pack of SaniGirl today and you’ll be FREE to GO!
Share your comments and let us know where you are heading out to this fall!